Okay, I’m just about caught up finally, and . . . . DAMN! Hurry up Season 5!
*Bandcamp Exclusive!* 20 live tracks recorded between the Spring and Fall Equinox 2013. Features 3 bonus tracks (“Feelin’ Groovy (The 59th Street Bridge Song,” “The Mariner’s Revenge,” and “Fields of Athenry”); unique recordings, photos from Sable’s summer events, and bonus Smartphone video “Dance the Magic Round” (Beltaine Faire, Edmonton, AB, April 27, 2013.)
I travel all over Western Canada during the summer event season, and this year, music was my focus. All of these 20 tracks were recorded between the Spring and the Fall Equinox in 2013. They are not professional recordings. There’s a lot of ambient background noise of the various festivals I attended and all my mistakes are included. So why do you want to buy this album?
1. There’s 20 tracks, all at the price of a normal-length album.
2. They capture the spirit and magic of the events I attended. If you were there, or wish you were, it’s a good way to carry that spirit with you.
3. Often things have more passion live than they do when recorded more professionally.
4. You will get unique tracks from my various live performances that are not available anywhere else, and never will be.
5. You will get unique, live versions of some of these tracks that highlight the talents of friends and guest performers. You won’t find them on another album either.
Sometimes, I had to choose between two, three, or even four different live versions of the same song. I selected them based on the number of mistakes I made and how noticeable they were; how distracting the background noise was; whether I felt it best highlighted the song overall. whether you could hear the vocals; and whether it was more or less enjoyable than one or another version to listen to; and how interesting the performance was.
Sometimes, you can’t hear the vocals very well, or there is a quite noticeable mistake. That’s because there simply was no other version of that particular track, and I wanted to offer as much variety as possible.
This album, for obvious reasons, is exclusive to Bandcamp and only available in digital format. I hope you enjoy this intimate glimpse into my life over the summer of 2013.
releases 03 October 2013
Recorded LIVE during the following events:
* Sable’s “Pyrates & Pagans” CD Release Party, Vernon, BC (March 20, 2013)
* Sun Wheel Pagan Arts Festival, Drayton Valley, AB (June 30, 2013)
* Vancouver Pagan Pride, Surrey, BC (August 10, 2013)
* Cherryville Farmer’s Market, Cherryville, BC (August 17, 2013)
* Okanagan Pagan Pride, Vernon, BC (August 31, 2013)
Video of “Dance the Magic Round” was recorded LIVE at Beltaine Faire, Edmonton, AB (April 27, 2013).
If you’re in Cherryville on Saturday, Chad McLeary and I will be playing the Cherryville Market. Come check it out!
Hey there guys! Check out my new artist page at CBC Radio’s Website! You can stream my music and access all of my social network music-related sites, like my Facebook artist fan-page, my Twitter, and my YouTube channel. Thanks for checking it out.